Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Black forest cake:
1 angel food cake mix
20 oz can cherry pie filling made with Splenda (Walmart)
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
Mix altogether by hand! Pour in greased 9x13. Bake 350 for 35 minutes. Only 4 pts. Even with a dollop of fat free or lite cool whip on top!
You can experiment with this. Try different fruit fillings, as long as they're made with artificial sweetener.

I made this yesterday. It was in one of the hand-outs at one of the meetings. 8 points but the serving size is HUGE and very filling. I had 6 pts left over for dessert, but didn't even want anything. I used a chipotle chili powder that I had which I think added an extra spicy kick. I might decrease that next time! It's very good. Seth, my hubby, liked it too. Knocks out at least 3 veggie intakes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment