Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Recipe

I made this for dinner tonight. I love crockpot recipes. They're easy and make the house smell good all day. You do have to brown the chicken beforehand. I did. The notes say this is important and adds to flavor, but I wonder if I didn't.... Also, couldn't find cremini mushrooms, so I used regular. Got this off the iphone ww app. THey called it "Chicken, Mushroom, and Brown Rice Slow Cooker Casserole". It's a keeper, but I'll rename it Chinese Chicken & Rice cause that's what it tasted like to me once I added soy sauce to my plate. I nestled a few red potatoes into the mix for my husband. He gets 42 points to my 29, so can use the extra. It serves 8 and is kinda hard to divvy up especially since I used thigh strips. I didn't want to deal with bones. Anyhow, it's only 5 points plus. I'm having a serving now cause I'm hungry. I can have another later! Probably counts for 3 veggies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment